Project-Specific Privacy Documentation
Who are we?
What do we collect?
RSG will need to collect and use certain personal information from you for this survey, including:
- Travel information – for example, information about trips you make, location information, travel time, and travel mode.
- Place information – for example, your home, work, and school locations.
- Demographics – for example, age and income to ensure that the survey sample reflects the population of the survey region.
- Contact information – for example, an email address for the purposes of sending survey reminders and distributing gift cards.
- Device information – for example, operating system version or screen size to optimize the survey for your device.
How are we using this data?
RSG and NYMTC will use your data to:
- Understand day-to-day travel across the greater New York City metropolitan region.
- Help NYMTC propose practical transportation investments and prioritize the improvements that best fit the region’s needs.
- Contact you about the status of your survey and provide support.
- Contact you to provide an incentive for completion (if applicable).
Who do we share this data with?
RSG will share your data with:
- The New York Metropolitan Transportation Council (NYMTC).
- The University at Albany Visualization and Informatics Lab (AVAIL).
- The New State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT)
- The New York City Department of Transportation (NYCDOT)
- The North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority (NJTPA)
- The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA)
- An email automation software provider to issue emails for this survey.
- A printing firm to print and mail survey materials.
- A gift card vendor to issue survey completion gift cards.
Can you change your mind?
Yes. You may remove your consent or exercise your data rights by submitting a Data Privacy Request through our secure system.
Do Not Sell